The Spencer County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is responsible for representing the State of Indiana in all felony and misdemeanor prosecutions related to crimes committed within Spencer County, Indiana. The Prosecuting Attorney’s Office also prosecutes traffic and infraction violations, conducts juvenile adjudications, enforces child support orders, and provides information and assistance to victims of crime.
The mission of the Spencer County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office:
- to serve the public effectively and efficiently;
- to promote public safety and awareness;
- to make charging and prosecutorial decisions in a fair, just and consistent manner based upon evidence, in accordance with the law and without regard to any individual’s race, color, gender, political affiliation, national origin, age, religion, disability or sexual orientation;
- to uphold the integrity of the criminal justice system in Spencer County and maintain public trust in the judicial process and those responsible for implementing it; and
- to assist victims of crime by treating them with fairness, dignity and respect throughout the criminal justice process.